You know the old saying…”When Life Gives You Lemons, Make lemonade”. I wanted to add a little spin to that popular saying….When Life Gives You Lemons…Make Lemon Truffles!
- Prep time: 10 mins.
- Total time: 10 mins]
- Serves: 20-22 pieces
- 250 grams (about 8 oz) good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon emulsion
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp cream, warm
- ½ cup sanding sugar, yellow
- ⅛- 1/4 tsp citric acid
- ⅛ tsp vanilla sugar
- Melt white chocolate by placing in the microwave and heating it in 7-15 second intervals, stirring between each time, until melted. Do not heat above 105F (if touched with finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body), or the chocolate will separate and be unusable.
- Add warm cream and room temperature butter and stir with white chocolate until smooth runny ganache is formed.
- Add lemon emulsion and stir to incorporate.
- Allow the chocolate to cool enough to be able to spoon/pipe dollops of chocolate onto parchment paper.
- Spoon about 20 rounds of white chocolate.
- Leave on the counter until you’re able to roll each round into a round ball (best left overnight). If it is still difficult to shape them, place the bowl with chocolate in the fridge.
- Prepare the coating by mixing ½ cup yellow sanding sugar with vanilla sugar & citric acid.
- Once you have perfect round balls, roll each lemon truffle in the sanding sugar and transfer to the serving tray/platter.
- Keep in a closed box at room temperature.