BHG’s Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples, Cranberries and Pecans
I get so excited for my Better Homes and Gardens magazine to arrive each month and I was thrilled with the fall theme recipes in this month’s edition. I tried out the oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with apples, cranberries and pecans today and I could have consumed the entire dish in one setting… even though it makes four servings. This is a no mess, simple side dish recipe to make. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (I bought the Birds Eye- Steam in the Bag)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I left out and added black pepper instead)
- 1 cup chopped/diced apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place Brussels sprouts, cut in half, on to the pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered for 15 minutes. Stir in dices apples, dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Roast, uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes more or until the sprouts are lightly browned…. I went a little darker for the crunch.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently to coat.