Our Dream Home: We have our House Plans
In January, we purchased our property to build our dream home and now we officially have house plans I can share with you!
To start off, our house plans needed to work with our “pie shaped” and slightly hilly property. The best plan lent itself to a main level and a full walk out basement. We originally wanted two stories but when we have the final rendering of the outside of the house, you’ll see it looks like two stories but you’re entering from the main level.
Let’s start the quick tour through the garage entrance to the house.
- We wanted to have the mudroom, laundry room and the “doggie” door all in one area. When guests come over, we will have sliding barn doors to close off that area.
- We decided on an almost “open concept” for our kitchen, dining and vaulted living room area. At the end of the kitchen will be built-ins, to provide a little definition before you enter the dining area.
- Brian works from home and has always had an office off of the living room. He likes having the option to leave the doors open and be able to see what everyone else is up to or close them for privacy.
- As you round the corner, you will see our master bedroom. Due to the fact that I have migraines, we will be making our bedroom sound proof. It will be my getaway when I need a break from the noise. And along those lines, because Brian likes rock out while he is getting ready, he will have his own bathroom and separate walk-in closet. I will have my own tranquility in a bathroom that includes a deep soaker tub. I will still go over and take a quick shower on his side.
- Going downstairs, we wanted to create a mini-suite for Alex. He’ll have bedroom #2, with the connecting bathroom. Most of the remaining space will be dedicated to a game room where he can hang out with his friends. Bedroom #3 will be a guest space/crafting room for me.
Do you have any suggestions or comments? I would love to hear your feedback! Have a great rest of the day!
April 26th Update: I have just added all of our “old” floor plans so you could see where we started from the final house plan.
[…] earlier post, Our House Plans, only contained our final interior house plans. I have now added all of the “old” […]