Chocolate Boozy Truffles
I feel like I have been on a little bit of a “booze” kick lately blogging about a Bloody Mary Bar, a Mimosa Bar and now Chocolate Boozy Truffles. But I couldn’t resist. Be forewarned. These boozy truffles are really rich but really good.
- 2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp. red wine
- 1 cup sprinkles
- In a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the dark chopped chocolate. Let it stand for 3 minutes and then whisk together red wine and chocolate mixture. The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Cover with saran wrap and pressing it onto the chocolate mixture. Let it chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to assemble, remove the saran wrap from bowl. Using a melon baller scoop the chocolate out, form into a ball with your hands and then roll around in the sprinkles. Place on a baking sheet with lined wax paper.
- Refrigerate baking sheet for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Makes around 50 balls. Enjoy
Thank you Tablefortwoblog.com for the great recipe.
Do you have a favorite “booze” recipe? Please share!