A Bloody Mary Bar, next to the Mimosa Bar that I blogged about, and you’re all set for brunch!! I love the fact that there are so many ways to make your own perfect Bloody Mary and your friends and family will have fun time doing it.
There are a ton of Bloody Mary mixes to choose from. If you don’t have a favorite, scroll down to see a tasty recipe. Or feel free to share your recipe in my “comments” section.
How to set-up your Bloody Mary Bar
Add a salad to your Bloody Mary:
- Lemons, Limes, Celery, Cucumber slices, Kosher pickle spears, Pimento or cheese stuffed green olives, Pickled beans and asparagus, Pickled okra, Pickled beets, cauliflower or carrots, Pickled jalapeños, Peppers, Large caper berries, Marinated artichoke hearts, Marinated pearl onions and Baby corn.
Make your Bloody Mary protein-rich.
- It’s almost like having a drink and appetizer all in one.
- Bacon, Oysters, Cooked shrimp, Beef jerky or pepperoni sticks, Steak bits, Hard boiled eggs and Cheese squares.
Season It Up:
- Old Bay seasoning, Garlic salt, Garlic powder, Celery salt, Smoked paprika, Lemon pepper, Freshly ground black pepper, Seasoned salts, Pickle juice and Olive brine.
Flavor It Up:
- Tabasco sauce, Chohula, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, Tapatio sauce, Louisiana hot sauce, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, Steak sauce and BBQ sauce.
- Show off your garnishing ingenuity by putting your pickled veggies and extra bites center stage for your guests to pick and choose and create a loaded drink.
- Be sure to have skewers on hand that are long enough to fit the size of your trimmings for maximum loadability.
- Have plenty of ice on hand. Bloody Mary’s are best when refreshingly cold so top glasses to the rim and serve with refrigerated Mary mix.
- Create different flavored salts to rim your glass by combining kosher salt with different chile powders or herbs. Set on small plates that just fit the rim of your glass and set out an additional plate with water to wet the rim before salting.
A Great Bloody Mary Mix- Instructions:
- 1 48 ounce can of tomato juice, or about 6 cups
- 3 tablespoons prepared creamy hot horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2¼ teaspoons celery salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Mix the tomato juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, garlic salt and black pepper in a large pitcher. Season with 10-15 shakes of Tabasco sauce, or to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble drinks, mix the celery salt and kosher salt on a small plate. Dip the rim of your glass in a shallow amount of water, then dip into the salt mix and twist. Fill an 8 ounce glass to the top with ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka then top with Bloody Mary tomato mixture.
- Makes 8-10 drinks.
Thank you, FoodCrush.com for the great idea!